Essentially Australia was created in 2012 by Greg Trevena to provide the biggest range of Australian essential oils in the world. We aspire to offer premier aromatic and medicinal products for the mind, body and home, all of which are derived from Australian native oils.
We seek to encourage and educate consumers to develop a closer connection to Australia’s ecology through an increased awareness and use of Australia’s unique native plants and experience their many beneficial uses.
Greg saw a clear opportunity to create a concept of an essential oil business which specialises just in Australian essential oils.
Our Essentially Australia plantation in the Byron Bay hinterland
The Essentially Australian Range
At present Essentially Australia has 33 different Australian native essential oils and 2 native Australian carrier oils on offer.
Essentially Australia operates 2 plantations in the moist, rich, red volcanic hinterland of Byron Bay. We also support a small range of passionate and committed essential oil farmers and harvesters in other parts of Australia.
We plan to continue to bring out new Australian essential oils grown from within our and outside of our plantations.
Start of the Australian Rose, Rose Myrtle stories, wild Lemon Tea Tree
at Minyon Falls, near Byron Bay, NSW
- We value the Australian continent’s natural assets and its culture, both old and new.
- We value being able to provide a connection with Australia.
- We strongly believe in the medicinal and aromatic benefits from the use of Australian native essential oils.
The Australian Environment
- We encourage ethical land use, revegetation and Landcare.
- We respect indigenous knowledge of the Australian continent.
- We value health, happiness, wellbeing and a ‘connecting’ pride in Australia.
- We only make genuine claims about our products based on scientific and traditional knowledge.
- We value sustainable farming.
- We only source supplies from the most ethical, committed and quality conscious farmers, harvesters and suppliers.
- We value and offer only 100% pure native Australian essential oils
Greg Trevena’a previous business, Refreshed Lemon Myrtle,
now sold in Australia and the USA
Davidson’s Plum tree used by Rainforest Foods
In 1990, Australia’s ABC TV network screened the ground breaking TV series ‘Bush Tucker Man. This program highlighted to Essentially Australia founder, Greg Trevena, the great undiscovered potential of Australia’s wild environment.
From here, Greg commenced a journey in a quest for knowledge on Australia’s potential useful plants. By 1998 Greg created ‘Rainforest Foods” he produced rainforest jams and he also used a herb called Lemon Myrtle. By 2000 he had created ‘Refreshed Lemon Myrtle” which produced Lemon Myrtle soap and other Lemon Myrtle related body products, In 2009 Refreshed Lemon Myrtle commenced in the USA and this brand is now found in health food stores across the USA.